Thursday, August 8, 2013

On the road!

A quick update:

As of this morning, we are on the road!  We finished up packing last night around midnight, and had lots of people come and help load the trailer, which was extremely helpful!  We have the truck, with a U-Haul in tow, as well as my dads car.  I have lots of pictures to upload from both Saturday night and other things, so I will hopefully have those up by Saturday when we get there.  We have only been gone for a few short hours, and we are already getting texts, wall posts, and emails from people.  It goes to show how loved our family is, and it means a lot.  I have mostly just been answering the standard questions, but I haven't really talked about how we are dealing with the move emotionally.  Being able to live in a comfortable home is already a luxury compared to many parts of the world, but getting to move to a new exciting place is overwhelming.  We loved our home, our friends, and our church and schools, so I think that is going to be the hardest part.  The aspect of getting to start over is awesome though, the feeling of something new, is going to be amazing.  We have gotten so many "going-away" gifts, and I have to tell you, some of our favorite gifts were the rain gear, simply because it's funny to think we are going from dry heat 360 days of the year, to having rainy days as often as the sun shines in Arizona.  I'm laughing as I'm writing this, because it's me, my mom, Sydney, and the 3 cats in our big car.  I don't know how the girls ended up with the cats, but all I know is that dad and max are probably enjoying the fact that they don't have to stop basically every 30 minuets to scoop cat litter...  Haha!  So anyways, our plan is to pull into Lake Oswego, by Saturday, and get settled in the rental house.  Next week is filled with school shopping, touring, signing papers and auditions for choir at Lakeridge High.   And getting ready to head up to British Columbia on the 24th for camp (read my last post).  We are  so excited to explore the town, so be looking for pictures on FB.  Thank you everyone for prayers!  I will update tomorrow with the pictures.

- Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment